Shiatsu is a form of therapeutic bodywork from Japan. It uses kneading, pressing, soothing, tapping, and stretching techniques and is performed without oils through light, comfortable clothing. In basic terms, Shiatsu is acupuncture without needles. While there are numerous benefits to muscles and organs, Shiatsu is focused on Qi, the life-force energy flowing through all of us. The channels that this energy travels through, known as meridians, are accessed via physical application of pressure. Disease and improper functioning can result from an imbalanced and/or stagnant Qi, and Shiatsu addresses problem areas while encouraging overall balance. As I go through your meridians there will be stretching, gentle rocking/jostling and acupressure (with my hands) along your meridians. Expect to leave feeling limber, relaxed, and peaceful as your body restores balance.
- Increased/improved blood and lymph circulation throughout the body (enhancing detox and elimination).
- Increased/tonified immune function
- Improved digestion, GI motility, and fat metabolism
- Reduced muscle and arthritis pain
- Improved muscle healing and recovery (great for athletes)
Long-term, with regular sessions, you can expect enhanced immediate effects listed above as well as the following:
- Reduced systemic inflammation
- Reduced fatigue & improved energy levels
- Improved hormonal balance, including reduced production of stress hormones
- Increased flexibility
- Decreased stress, anxiety, and nervousness
- Increased quality of sleep
- Enhanced body detoxification processes
In addition to overall enhanced health & wellbeing, here are some examples of conditions that can be addressed with regular shiatsu: Back pain · Flu, colds, and preventing these · Indigestion, IBS, and other digestive dysfunction · Migraines · Insomnia · Sports and other muscle/soft-tissue injuries (post-acute phase) · Post-term pregnancy (it can help induce labor) · Stress & anxiety· Fibromyalgia Check out Shiatsu and treat yourself to a little euphoria and improved overall health.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Are you ready to book an appointment? Try our easy and convenient online booking tool.
SANTÉ AESTHETICS & WELLNESS
We are conveniently located in the heart of Northwest Portland.
210 NW 17th Ave
Portland, OR 97209
Click Here for a Map
Hours of Operation:
Tue-Sat 10am - 6pm
Sun-Mon By Appointment